DCJS Executive Protection/ Personal Protection Specialist (32E)
About This Course
ACADEMI is a certified Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) Training School - License 88-1815
ACADEMI’s Personal Protection Specialist Course focuses on protecting a Principal from embarrassment and harm. Our PPS course emphasizes several Protective Services Skill Sets which include but not limited to:
- Collecting Information for Site and Route Surveys
- Mission and Contingency Planning and Briefings
- Interviewing a Principal
- Protocol, Attire, and Etiquette for Protection Personnel
- Foot Formations
- Arrivals and Departures
- Code and Regulations for Protective Services
- 1st Aid, CPR and Emergency Medicine
Students will learn to work as individuals as well as members of a team. Each day students will conduct practical training in separate Protective Security Detail (PSD) roles. This will ensure each graduate has a full understanding of each aspect of protecting an individual. Training days are normally eight to ten hours, with planning and briefing preparation extending into the late evening hours. Our Protection course meets and exceeds the training requirements under DCJS to obtain your registration as a Personal Protection Specialist. Individuals that need to attend an Armed PPS course or expand their hard skill sets can sign-up for our Virginia DCJS Entry-Level (07E) and Advanced (09E) Handgun as well as our Shotgun (08E) and Patrol Rifle (10E) directly after the PPS course.
Each student that completes our PPS course will receive a certificate of attendance. Those interested in attending and going through our proprietary vetting process will graduate with a certificate of attendance as well as a performance rating that can be provided to your current or future employer. ACADEMI is an advocate of setting and maintaining Standards within the Protective Services profession.
Contact ACADEMI today to begin working towards your DCJS PPS registration. (RCO Ref WO 17225)
- Lodging and meals are not included in the cost of this course.
- Lodging can be purchased directly through at ACADEMI's Moyock NC on-site lodging facilities (subject to availability).
- Meals can also be purchased on-site at ACADEMI's Moyock NC Dining Facility.