The Law Enforcement Advanced Car Control and Counter Ambush Driving course will provide officers with a thorough understanding of Vehicle Dynamics in multiple vehicle platforms, on various traction environments and at both highway and pursuit speeds. On this foundation students will learn tactical maneuvers used during vehicle pursuits and to counter ambush attacks on LEO. The course concludes with multiple high intensity scenarios that often require full metal to metal contact.
• Eye placement and focusing under stress
• Steering wheel management techniques
• Braking methods
• High Center of Gravity vehicles (SUV’s - includes use of a Rollover Simulator.
• Instinctive response under stress
• Manage stress and adrenaline
• P.I.T. Maneuvers
• Driver Down drills for two man units
• Backing at Speed
• Breaching Barricades
• Utilizing the vehicle as a primary weapon and articulating Use of Deadly Force
• Attack Recognition and Counter Ambush principles
• Immediate Action / Counter Ambush Drills
• Mock pursuit and ambush scenarios
• High Speed Driving under stress
• Managing adrenaline to maintain good judgment
• Countering the Drive By threat
A variety of meal options can be purchased directly from our on-site dining facility for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Most items on the gear list may be rented via the application at additional cost or purchased at the Proshop.